Wednesday, May 28, 2008

School's out

Today was the last day of school. Max had a wonderful year and I'm a bit sad to see it end. One of the things he loves about schooldays is riding the bus. Even if he isn't in the mood to put on his shoes or jacket, when he sees that big yellow bus rounding the corner, he always gives a happy yell and hurries to get out the door.
His bus driver is fantastic, too, with a ready greeting and smile and plenty of hugs to go around. I had my camera ready when she dropped him off that last day. They exchanged hugs and kisses and she gave him a popsicle. He waved and waved as the bus pulled out. I had a bit of a lump in my throat, to tell you the truth.
Max came home with bags full of treats from his teachers, too. He had fancy glasses and a sucker and a coloring book and crayons...and the list goes on. To celebrate the last day, his class had a High School Musical movie party and ate McDonald's Happy Meals. (Talk about a swinging time, eh?) His teacher said everyone was dancing and singing and having a grand old time. I giggle just thinking about it.

Bye, bus! Gonna miss you, school! See you next fall....



Posted by Picasa

No comments: