Saturday, July 5, 2008

Max as The Talking Stain

Max has been vocalizing more lately. In fact, he has suddenly started "talking" while I'm talking, in a sort of bizarre mimicry.

I think it started from the two of us singing together. He loves it when music is playing and I start to sing. He joins in with his little high, throaty "singing" voice and just kind of goes all up and down in pitch, singing his gentle song. Well, our singing duets have morphed into speaking duets.

I have to say, it's pretty cute, but I find it really hard to keep my train of thought. If I'm talking to my husband and Max joins in with me for a little tandem talking, well, I keep right on talking and assume he's just trying to be a part of the conversation. (and hide my grin!) But if I'm speaking directly to Max and telling him something important that he needs to hear while he does his duet...well, obviously he's not listening. But it's a start, right?

Remember the Talking Stain commercial that aired during the Superbowl last year? Where the guy is in a job interview, but the stain on his shirt is so distracting that nobody can focus? Well, it's exactly like that!

I googled that commercial so I could add a link here, and discovered that you can actually put your own face on the stain in a mini movie!

Here you go -- this captures the essence perfectly! (Just imagine taking out the hard syllables and lowering the volume.) I have been giggling about this all day: Max as The Talking Stain!

No comments: