Sunday, July 5, 2009

Snickerdoodles.

I had Max help bake some cookies today.

I thought I was going to have him roll the dough into balls, but that idea was quickly quashed. (He was into Slapstick; I was into Following Directions.) We met somewhere in the middle, and his job became rolling the balls in the cinnamon sugar coating.

A few turned into snakes (forgot to photograph those before I ate re-rolled them), but mostly he was extremely gentle and eager to assist.

After each ball had been coated with cinnamon sugar, Max put the dough balls on the pan, one at a time. The end result called for a photo.


You know how there are certain scenes that you come across occasionally that make you sort of giggle and ache all at the same time? This was one of those scenes for me. I love this delightful little grouping of cookies-to-be.

(And the pictures that follow? Priceless!)

He was very pleased with his work.

How nobly he restrains himself! How wistfully he eyes them!

Good job, Max! I think cookie baking could become a regular event around here...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: